The Barna Group’s annual year-end study of trends provides a window into the Christian church in the U.S.
His megathemes are more than telling and I have excerpted his Six headlines. Check out The Barna Group site for the details.
1. The Christian Church is becoming less theologically literate.
2. Christians are becoming more ingrown and less outreach-oriented.
3. Growing numbers of people are less interested in spiritual principles and more desirous of learning pragmatic solutions for life.
4. Among Christians, interest in participating in community action is escalating.
5. The postmodern insistence on tolerance is winning over the Christian Church.
6. The influence of Christianity on culture and individual lives is largely invisible.