It is my personal conviction that two contrasting groups have been emerging for years and becoming more and more identifiable within the Charismatic-Evangelical church world of our day. They are the corrupted “Wilderness wandering” congregations and the covenantally faithful “Canaan hearted ” churches. A simple review of biblical history demonstrates that one is visibly cursed and the other is divinely blessed.
Joseph Mattera has provided us with much-needed assistance in identifying the blessed remnant. I’ve extracted his key points, but the full article is a great read.
“9 CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MODERN-DAY REMNANT CHURCH”
As the persecution of the Bible-believing church becomes more intense, there will be a greater manifestation of what I am referring to in this article as the “remnant church.” By remnant church, I am referring to the surviving vestige of the body of Christ that remains true to biblical principles in spite of cultural opposition.
The following are characteristics of the modern-day remnant church:
1. They will become more entrenched in the word of God the more the world opposes them.
2. They will become the vilified in society.
3. They will preach counter-cultural biblical messages.
4. They will produce the most committed Christians and make disciples.
5. They will experience a greater presence and power of God than other churches.
6. They will become more visible and distinct as the culture becomes more decadent.
7. They will be more excluded and separated from mainstream secular evangelical churches and denominations.
8. The remnant church will change the world.
9. The remnant church will endure while the compromising church will fade away.
May God help us all remain faithful to the end and participate in the remnant church!